- Services for the Underserved
- $165,260.00 -165,260.00/year*
453A E Tremont Ave
The incumbent will ...
- Provide in classroom child care when necessary, supervise the after school and summer program.
- Plan trips, recreational and cultural activities appropriate to children s interest and developmental levels, prepare monthly schedule.
- Maintain recreational space with age appropriate toys, arts and craft.
- Accompany children and parents to events when necessary.
- Provide guidance and information to clients around the daily activity schedule, House Rules, Program Policies and Procedures
- Monitor client behavior to ensure compliance with House Rules, Program Policies, and Procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning program areas after usage.
- Provide guidance to clients in proper upkeep of living quarters, personal hygiene and grooming, appropriate attire, in-house vocational training, and participation in other support service activities.
- Respond to crisis and emergency situations and contact the appropriate authorities as needed.
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, and trainings as appropriate.
- A work schedule that includes weekend and evening hours will be required. Additional shifts required as needed
- Perform other duties related to the program as delegated by the Facility Manager, Director of Social Services or Program Director
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in a large residential/institutional setting with a special needs population is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required. Knowledge of child care and development;
- Valid NYS driver s license prefered (and will need to pass insurance criteria)
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...